We’re currently hiring for a Polish Making Instructor. See our description below and check back as we’ll be adding new positions soon!
Taylor Made Polish is a “Make Your Own Polish” experience and health-conscious cosmetics retailer in beautiful, historic Downtown Easton. We are looking for a friendly, personable, and creative part-time Polish Making Instructor to lead our classes and assist with other tasks around the studio. Training will be provided.
Taylor Made Polish is customizing and strengthening the connection between customers and their cosmetics through hands-on experiences. We don’t make standard products, and our jobs aren’t standard either! We care about maximizing the experience of our customers, and for this position, we need someone who loves color, loves helping others create, and loves to have fun.
TITLE: Polish Making Instructor
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-time, up to 20 hours per week
- You must be 21+, at some events alcohol will be present
- Available to work 3-4 events per month
- Most events are evenings and weekend and are generally 2-hour sessions + set up and clean up.
- Lead make-your-own-polish classes both in our studio and at off-site events.
- Organizing and facilitating customers during event setup
- May include food handling and display and special décor for private client events
- Welcome and check-in event attendees, monitor and check-out retail sales before or after event and general studio cleanup.
- Take photos during events and forward them to management for use in social media before event ends.
- Assist with general studio tasks, including but not limited to:
- product packaging and labeling
- keeping studio space organized and orderly
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Patience with questions and working with people of all ages — ability to teach or explain information using a variety of methods (doing, demonstrating, detailed explanations)
- Must have an eye for color, so that you can assist guests with mixing pigments.
- You must be friendly and want to have fun! This is going to be a fun ride, but we don’t ride with people who are full of drama or attitude, don’t smile, are uptight, lack maturity, or can’t keep a commitment.
- Reliability is a MUST. You can’t let our awesome customers down!
- Demonstrates alignment with Taylor Made Polish brand values and focus on customer experience
- Flexibility, adapting to changes in schedule and requests at the needs of customers
- MUST have reliable transportation to both in-studio and off-site events.
- Previous retail experience a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of cosmetics a plus.